Salt Lake County Animal Services provides consistent, reliable, and professional solutions for animal-related problems, which encourage responsible attitudes and allow people and animals to co-exist in a safer environment.
Our Animal Control officers serve the residents and pets within the unincorporated area of Salt Lake County, Salt Lake City, Holladay City, Herriman City, Midvale City and Riverton City.
Our comprehensive animal care and control services include:
• Pet adoptions and placement of animals with rescue groups
• Enforce animal-related city and county ordinances; 24/7 field operations
• Provide shelter for all types of lost and abandoned pets
• Investigate complaints of animal cruelty, abuse and neglect
• Provide humane euthanasia for pets in our areas at the request of pet owners (fee for service)
• Respond to emergencies involving injured or aggressive animals
• Community education, media and outreach events
• Volunteer and foster programs
Most recently the County Council voted to give the shelter a much-needed renovation, turning their auditorium into a multi-use office space, animal rehab center, and a cleaner area where citizens can get their pets rabies shots and vaccinations.
We are proud to be the largest municipal no-kill shelter in Utah. We appreciate our supportive community and invite you to come visit our shelter. We are always looking for great volunteers! You never know, you might meet your new furry best friend. Salt Lake County Animal Services is constantly striving to find innovative ways to save animals and be better at serving our community.